Willamette Valley Wine Country Tour
Great Oregon Tours
At A Great Oregon Wine Tour, we pride ourselves in our knowledge and passion for Oregon wines, regional foods and the bounty this area has to offer. As avid and curious wine lovers we strive daily to understand the complexities and subtleties of this unique wine region. Our tour guides are second to none each possessing a wealth of knowledge about wine as well as the history of the region and so much more. They will help you learn about it all on your tour through the beautiful Willamette Valley and will be at your service all day long.
We will visit 3 to 4 wineries and a wine country style lunch will be provided. With the exception of Memorial Weekend and the weekend before, Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend before as most wineries have food and don’t allow outside food those days
- Pricing $160 per Person
Schedule and Availability
• Daily Tours
• 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Length of Tours
• 7 1/2 hours for tours originating from the Portland Metro area
• 6 hours for tours originating in wine country from McMinnville, Newberg, and Dundee
Pick up and drop off at your Hotel, VRBO, Air BNB, or private residence
- Bottled water is provided
- A wine country style lunch will be provided. With the exception of Memorial Weekend and the weekend before, Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend before as most wineries have food and don’t allow outside food those days
- We will visit 3 to 4 wineries
- Gratuities not included, but always appreciated!
- Tasting fees are not included
- No fuel surcharges
- Excessive public intoxication will not be tolerated and will result in tour termination. Merchants reserve the right to refuse service.
Our tours take you through the Northern Willamette Valley visiting some of its famous AVA’s (American Viticultural Areas) like Newberg, The Dundee Hills, Yamhill Carlton, Ribbon Ridge, McMinnville, and Van Duzer. Each of these areas is blessed with diverse soil types, elevations, and clonal selections. Our mission is to introduce you to new labels, share some very interesting facts and stories along the way and hopefully help you find some new favorites.
Some of our wine tours begin with a stroll through a vineyard, weather permitting, where we teach you about the different soils and explain details about the roots stocks, grafting techniques, clones, canopy management, and some of the winemaking techniques that are used today. Our wine tours are in depth, and a lot of fun, especially when the tastings start.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or someone who is a little intimidated by this complex and fascinating “grape juice” we call wine, you will find our tours interesting and a lot of fun. And remember, wine is liquid geography and roughly 85% water, 12-14% alcohol and 1-2% solids. Whether a bottle costs $2 or $5,000, there is something for everyone out there to enjoy. You just gotta get out there and find it.
Book now to join us for the best Oregon wine country tour available!
If you prefer a more intimate and personal tour, then this is the tour for you. You can choose your own list of wineries, let us choose for you, or a combination of both.